Monday 6 October 2014

Rainy school days and waterproof washouts!


Aaron and I were somewhat excited about our first rainy school run.

It was an excuse to get out the waterproofs and boots and proudly display to the world how undeterred we were by the Great British weather. 



However I rather drastically underestimated the gale force winds and torrential down pour on the school run, and as I arrived at the school gates with my somewhat dishevelled and soggy children, I conceded that I really should have taken the car this morning.


The truth is, school is literally a 15 minute walk away and I had bravely told my husband that he should take the car instead of the motorbike, as we were all kitted out with wet weather gear, however our Trespass jackets proved no match for the horizontal rain, and I also forgot that jackets do not, I repeat do not cover the thighs (mommy fail) so despite our best efforts in wearing our boots the boy and I had very wet thighs by the end of the journey. The baby fared the best in his pushchair however even he had wet feet after sticking his toes out of the cover, will be wellington boots for him too this afternoon!


I have also come to realise that my cute fringe (bangs to my US friends) does not fare well in wet weather, and that perhaps straight styled hair for the school run will be a thing of the past.
So how exactly does a momma remain remotely fashion forward in the UK winter? I am desperately in need of a full length waterproof mac that won't make me look like a fisher man, and my trusty knee high boots have clearly seen better days....


Once home I had to have a complete outfit change but all is well now I am curled up with a cuppa and my little man. Lets hope the coats have dried off by this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment